Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
I can understand that use for embeded fonts even if I do not agree with the bloat introduced by the process, I also dislike Times New Roman - Comic Sans is almost preferable to it.

If I remember correctly the standard W2Epub CSS file sets font family to Garamond, serif, sansserif, monospace. It is easy to change that with Macro editor so you can list fonts by your preference in the hope that readers have the first or second choice fonts installed. I realise this is not ideal for what you want but it does give some control over the rendered look.

An option that I have seen used for title page and headers is to create them as images. This is also not ideal as some readers do not dislay images well. FBReader will only display images if the file structure is none standard, flat, that is all files in one directory.

I am not sure there is a simple solution unless you create the ebook in W2Epub then edit it further with something like Sigil, which has a habit of changing your styles with informing you, but does allow font embeding.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote