View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #60
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Scotty,

Quote:
It's entirely obvious from your posting on this thread as well as your posting celebrating passing the 10,000 edition mark with ebooks here on Mobileread that you just don't get it.
with all due respect, what gives you the right to insult me? I think I know very well what I "get" and what I "don't", and just because you have a very particular point of view doesn't mean that everyone else here has to agree with you.

Quote:
Despite what you claim in this thread, Amazon didn't use the DMCA to control where books could be published.
How do you know? Have you seen the notice? Have you seen our correspondence with their lawyer? Have you talked to Amazon?

Quote:
All their DMCA action did here was make it extremely clear that they consider Kindle PID's to be secret encryption keys employed to control distribution of digital media.
They didn't make anything "extremely clear" in the DMCA notice; in fact, they didn't say anything about a Kindle PID.

Quote:
I also suspect your attitude would be highly negative if I backed up a virtual dump truck over in the 10,000+ edition free ebook repository and started scooping up piles of content there and hauling them over to Amazon and putting them up for $.99 each.
There is a difference whether I would have a "highly negative" attitude towards you or whether I send you a DMCA notice through my lawyer.

Quote:
If you feel a law is too broad in it's powers you work to change the law, you don't break it. Because when you start breaking laws you may discover they protect things you do care about.
I didn't break any law.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote