View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #369
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornholio View Post
I've used k2pdfopt before with good results, however now i'm having trouble with terrible line breaking (check attachment).
Wrapping is on and obviously i'm using the -fc- parameter.

Is there any way to improve the wrapping? I tried some different -ws values but I'm not getting anything remotely useable.

This is the example (source) page:
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2013/03/23/page17/page17.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry--I missed this post. The problem is that your document size (4.5 x 7 inches) combined with k2pdfopt's default output resolution (167 dpi) results in no wrapping being required. So you have two options if you want wrapped text: (1) increase the output dpi (will make everything larger) to something like 200, or (2) use -wrap+, which will un-wrap the narrow column on the right so that all the text fits the width of your reader screen. You also should use -m 0 to avoid having any clipping since your viewable region runs right to the edge of the page. Finally, for cases like this I like to use -sm so that I can verify how k2pdfopt is interpreting the page layout. Final commands, then:

k2pdfopt -m 0 -sm -fc- -odpi 200 page17.pdf

or

k2pdfopt -m 0 -sm -fc- -wrap+ page17.pdf

(you can also combine -odpi 200 and -wrap+).
willus is offline   Reply With Quote