View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #368
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgvirtual View Post
In this particular case I had to do three steps: cut the page in two using -grid, remove the scan artifact margins (because on each second page the scan artifact margin was on the different side, and the text was not in exactly the same position as the previous text), and finally adapt the book to my ereader screen.

When doing multiple step conversion quality of pdf's gets lost... The text in the final version looks much worse than the original.

is there a way to avoid image quality loss? Maybe this could be done by enforcing use of lossless image format?
I would usually use Briss or PDf Scissors before, only to roughly crop pdf margins & cut pages in two and then use k2pdfopt in landscape mode.

If needed, I would then do quick OCR-ing in Acrobat or ABBYY FineReader.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=32066&page=14

Last edited by markom; 03-27-2013 at 12:28 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote