View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
US Navy Overdrive Library

Apologies if this isn't considered news, but it was news to me.

The US Navy has an Overdrive lending library available for all Active Duty and Retired Navy and Marine Corp personnel. Available books are in PDF, ePub and Kindle formats. I checked out both a Kindle book to my Kindle4PC and a epub for use on my Sony a couple of days ago and they both worked great.

Current selection totals

E-books
Fiction - 5709 books
Non-Fiction - 3621 books

Audio Books
Fiction - 14483 audio books
Non-Fiction - 6732 audio books

If interested and qualified go to Navy Knowledge Online and create an account. Login, then go to Reference > E-Library - Audio & EBooks and click on the Overdrive - Audiobooks, Ebooks & More section. I believe you will be prompted to create another account but after this you do not have to log in through the main NKO site.

Enjoy!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote