View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 03:42 PM   #6
Spatulachic
Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Spatulachic knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
Advise friends and family that if they insist upon giving you gifts for Christmas and birthdays, that you'd LOVE B&N gift cards from now on ... (grin)

There's gotta be a way to advise the family without sounding snobbish ... (g)
Unless they just refuse to take the hint (or outright suggestion)

My mother knows that I am a reader. She raised me. She is the one who would find me EVERYWHERE with a book growing up - the bathroom, at the dinner table (yeah, I got told to put a book away during dinner almost every night), with a flashlight in bed, EVERYWHERE.

Since my brother and I have both gotten married (7 years for them, 6 years for us), she and my dad have always done gift cards for Christmas - and specifically *ASK* us (and spouses) where we would like to get them from. My brother, my SIL, my DH - they all get the fun ones they've asked for (Best Buy, mostly). Me? I always ask for Amazon or B&N or Borders, and what do I get? Kohl's. Always Kohl's. Never. Fails. Ever. I think she and my MIL are in a conspiracy because my MIL also gives me Kohl's gift cards. Which wouldn't be bad if I actually liked and bought my wardrobe there, or bought more housewares there, but I don't. I usually end up buying clothes for my son or giving it to my husband to buy pants and shoes.

I'm hoping, though, now that I have my Nook, she'll actually see a value in B&N gift cards this year . The gift cards are always very thoughtful because she will try to choose the ones she thinks we'll appreciate, but for some reason, she can't get it out of her head that I don't shop at Kohl's UNLESS I have gift cards, so I shop there once a year at Christmas.
Spatulachic is offline   Reply With Quote