View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
FBReader does not handle SVGs, and sometimes images are embeded as SVGs in ePubs because this allows better control of fitting the image to the screen.

Do these ePubs work with Desktop FBReader (Windows or Linux)? Recent versions of Desktop FBReader should work on ePub TOCs (e.g. multi-level TOCs) and handle hyperlinks. If the desktop version works, then it is a PocketBook issue but if not FBReader needs to be improved.

A work around might be to convert to MOBI (say) using Calibre. This would convert all SVGs to JPG, but you probably loose the cover page. Converting to MOBI and then back to ePub might work. It may be that Calibre should add a "FBReader" (or OpenInkPot) target output type to work round FBReader's defects.
The Desktop version displays the Epub very nicely. The (Multi-level) TOC is quite nice and the pictures are displayed correctly. The hyperlinks are not working with the epub I'm testing; they work under ADE and FBReaderJ.

I find it odd that the Android port would have functionality that's missing in the Desktop reader, though. I guess they are separate projects now.

Luqman
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote