View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:22 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool yikes, a deluge of useful info, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ctrl-A does not work?

Note add indent usually is done by Blockquotes
so if you don't have any ??? for remove.

Switch to Codeview and figure what class is controlling the indent (not the same as margin or Padding) of the section.
Then find that class in the stylesheet (see the page headers for which stylesheet if more than one).
Make your chang nd look at the page in bookview
Repeat as needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
There is actually a much easier way to do this. Look at the XML files and look at the class(es) used and then in the CSS make the left & right margins both 0. That will solve the problem very easily. I do it that way because on my 650 I prefer no margins.

Say the code read... <p class="para"> you would find .para in the CSS and change or add in... margin-left: 0 & margin-right: 0. That would fix the class para to have no margins and usually there's a class like <p class="noindent"> for the paragraphs that have no indents. Do the same fix. And for any other class that needs it.

But if there is a page template file, you'll need to delete it and in the OPF delete the reference to it as well as delete the call to it in all the CSS files.

In the CSS if there is a body style, make the left, right, top, & bottom margins all 0. And if there is an @page declaration, delete it.

And finally if the ePub is a Calibre made ePub, go into all the XML files and delete the @page style it puts in. Calibre puts in a top & bottom margin of 5pt and that is a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That is set-able in Calibre Preferences: Common options: Page Set up.

I use 2,2,16,2 for my ADE based reader with those edge numbers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
if is is a blockquotes issue you could also use find / replace all to change every instance of <blockquote to <p

calibre has an "remove fake margins" tick box in the conversion options which will take out unwanted left space. it is in preferences - conversion - common options.

it also has a ignore margins tick box in preferences - conversion - output options - mobi - which gets rid of kindle margins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
don't be intimidated by the word code. It is not programming. The so called code view shows the tagged nature of html used in epub and for your browser. All it means is that the text is contained in tags to help the reader understand the nature of the text, for example a paragraph has a <p> in front of it and a </p> at the end. This is not too had to learn and really important if you want to modify your epub files. Read about HTML and ePub in our wiki for details or find some tutorials. it is worth a little learning effort for the future.

Dale
wow! thanks to you all! i've pasted this entire thread into an oo odt and will refer to it the next time i run into the need to use sigil to fix up an epub prior to calibre conversion to mobi.

thanks to all again!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote