View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
I ordered a book from Kobobooks.com ... and downloaded the ePub book to ADE. Despite paying $14 for the book ... the ePub version downloads without the cover art. I'd like to know why?

It's not as if the cover art can't be a part of the ePub ... and given that one isn't given a discount for taking the ePub over some other format ... so I feel terribly cheated by kobobooks.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mary
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that the problem is how ADE processes the epub- it assumes that the first page is the cover rather than searching elsewhere for the art. Some publishers include the cover as the first page and but most include it somewhere elsewhere in the file. (Which is I think Taming's point about them cheaping out. I suspect it's simpler to covert the file and include the cover seperately rather than embed it as the first page).

Most books I download with ADE don't have a cover but every book I've added to my Kobo via the desktop has included the cover.

Last edited by p_a_smith; 12-15-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: clarification
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote