View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #18
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Title/author is all the data needs - in fact it is all the plugin currently allows you to extract be it from clipboard, CSV or the web. It also supports "title only" matching with the obvious downsides that will have....You can let the plugin create the empty books, and then do a metadata download to get the rest of the data.
This is what I currently do when I load empty books into calibre. It'll be nice to have the plugin create the book title/author rather than manually typing them all, so that all I then have to do is the metadata and fine-tuning.

Sites like Fantastic Fiction and Goodreads are usually my first choice for an author's backlist as the info on an author's website can range from very detailed to just a book image.

Sounds like another useful plugin, looking forward to it's release. No rush though as the problem that I've discovered with plugins is that each additional plugin increases the time I spend manipulating data which then decreases the time I spend reading. If only I didn't feel the need to keep perfecting my library or have to sleep or work...