View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I read fiction books fast. I did take a speed reading class in high school & college. I don't think I'm skimming as I read though. And I thoroughly enjoy a well written book & the sentences that are beautifully constructed. I also have no difficulty retaining what I read.

Now is there a benefit in being able to read a lot of books fast & enjoy them? I can't say. My husband is a slow reader & thoroughly enjoys reading at his pace.

And don't forget, you can read at a slower pace if you desire. I have been known to do that when I do get immersed in a book. But not all books catch my interest that way & I speed read through those that don't.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote