Thread: Audio Books
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #14
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo View Post
it's the dialog that gets me. in my head i can create different voices for each character, but when listening to a monotonous british guy read something, it all blurs together and i never know who is talking
If you're a P. G. Wodehouse fan, I'd strongly recommend the audiobooks read by Jonathan Cecil.
As comic performances I rate them alongside any of the masterpieces from TV, film or radio.

On audio books generally; my advice is to avoid Clipper Audio gadgets as supplied by my local library (UK) - the sound quality is appalling.

Last edited by Sparrow; 04-01-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote