View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
- Am already using GoodReader + SugarSync [2-way Sync] (not yet tried highlighting with it).
I don't recommend that! iCloud syncing in GoodReader works much better and faster than either Dropbox or SugarSync in my experience, crashnburn.

Just put all of your books in GoodReader into the iCloud folder, and I think you might be amazed by how fast and smooth the syncing (including syncing of annotations) will be.

Quote:
- Have PDF Expert - Will try it out - Apparently it wont do 2-way sync with SugarSync - Damn!
PDF Expert just looks better than GoodReader's cluttered interface -- but in terms of functionality, GoodReader is the clear winner.

Quote:
I do not really use my iPhone for any reading so far.
I use the iPhone for reading minimally as well -- however, it's very nice to know that whatever annotation I make in GoodReader on the iPhone, will automatically (thanks to iCloud syncing) show up on both of my iPads, the next time I launch GoodReader on them.

Quote:
I just want to be able to SYNC - SAVE - BACKUP - Highlights from:

--GoodReader (PDF) to my Laptop (via SugarSync) i.e. If/ when I need it.
There are several ways of exporting annotations from GoodReader, if you feel you need that additional backup (in addition to iCloud).

Quote:
--Marvin (ePub) - when needed.
Backing up (and restoring!) annotations from Marvin via email works like a charm -- it's one of Marvin's strongest features.

Quote:
Also, is there a solution that supports LOCAL NETWORK SYNC (between devices on same LAN) that you've tried?
I don't know, but I'm not really interested in LAN syncing -- because iCloud, Dropbox and SugarSync all work so fast for me over the Internet that the difference to LAN syncing, to me (when it comes to books, not HD movies!), would be negligible.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote