View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
For me, the Note is simply a very portable tablet. I can put it in my small bag along with an e-ink reader and have the best of both worlds with me at all times. A 7" tablet would be too large to do that.

I unlocked mine, and I *can* use as a phone via a T-Mobile pay per day plan, but I rarely use a cell phone period. Seriously, I probably make fewer than 20 calls per year on my Tracfone. Having the ability to download data occasionally or surf with the browser is great though. Mostly I just use on WiFi.

I'd love a Note 2, but I suspect I won't be able to get one until I can perhaps find used next fall. This one cost $225 used.

I love and need the high resolution, my eyes have trouble with low res devices. I can actually read quite comfortably on my Note for over an hour, if I use a theme with a grey background in Mantano.

I could see enjoying a larger tablet for primarily home use, but don't have one yet.

It doesn't surprise me at all that this size device is popular. I knew I wanted one when first I heard about it. Never dreamed we'd find one used at the price we did!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote