View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #123
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, we have a tool that works even better. It's called... SIGIL!

Sigil allows easily deleting files from an ePub. Plus, I've seen some ePub Omnibus that you do have to look at some of the ePub and also, some of the shared XML uses a different CSS then the main CSS for each book.
I take it you didn't read my previous post. Sigil is a very good tool for ad-hoc epub editing, but you will see that I listed a couple of things that Sigil didn't automatically clean up for me, namely css files which were no longer referenced and items in the opf <guide> which referenced deleted files. Nor did it automatically remove images which were no longer referenced, nor remove unwanted items from the .ncx file. Luckily, 'Modify epub' does both of the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So really, without being able to see the code, splitting can be a mess or can actually fail.
You may be correct, but I don't think you should be judging what a developer can and can't do. Whilst we have enthusiastic developer's who are willing to try to simplify repetitive epub editing into canned procedures for the rest of us, I'm willing to be enthusiastic about beta-testing them.

Last edited by jackie_w; 05-17-2012 at 03:59 PM. Reason: missed a bit
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote