View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
AintLDS
No soliciting
AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AintLDS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage and iPhone 8 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
There's a whole thread here on the K4 having contrasts issues.

Sony's T1 may be the reader you want. It has pearl and alot of nice features.
Thanks for the link, Blossom. Looks like there something is to this. I'll call Amazon and see if they will replace the NT.

I went out and bought a Sony PRS-T1 at Best Buy to try out. I do like the software and the fact that it has page turn buttons even though they are thin. But overall the T1 feels cheap and I don't care for the glossy border. Compared to the Kindle Touch the build quality just isn't anywhere near as solid. I will be returning it but I'm glad I tried it and appreciate the suggestion.

I'm starting to warm up more and more to the Kindle Touch. I've been A-B'ing the Touch and the NT with the same books. It's close but the Touch just nudges out the NT. An ideal reader would be a combination of both: a Touch with the exact form factor of the NT, remove the lever-style page turn buttons on the sides, and put page turn, home, menu, and return buttons on the bottom bezel. Add a little more style a la Apple or Sony (aluminum in different colors?) and you have the perfect reader IMO.

UPDATE: New NT on the way - should be interesting to see if it has a better screen.

Last edited by AintLDS; 03-12-2012 at 07:35 PM.
AintLDS is offline   Reply With Quote