View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
Calibre 7.7 cant open database

I am not sure how to explain my problem, but I will just give my frustration some vent! I use Sony 300 Vista SP2. I have used calibre very happily for many months up to this.
I transferred my database to make space on my hard drive, and forgot that calibre would expect it to be there. Its been a few weeks since I used calibre, and today my calibre 7.2 opened with a long and slow search and hung until I closed it with Ctrl/Alt/Del. I uninstalled 7.2 and installed 7.7.
I expected it to open empty and it did.
I pointed the Add Folder to the (copied) calibre folder with all the carefully managed data amounting to 906MB. It started adding the books, then fouled up with permission problems (or so I believe) as it kept telling me that these books are encrypted, when I know they are not. I changed the folder options to uncheck read only, to ensure they would be shared and accessible by calibre.
I checked the folder permissions - read only is unchecked.
I then copied over the books into the destination folder for calibre.
I used the Advanced - check database integrity - it didnt try very hard and no books were recognised.
What should I try next?
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote