Thread: small caps
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hello

This is a tricky field.

ADE requires true small caps and does not recognize emulated small caps.

The usual (MS) fonts lack a true small cap font though. So, if you want to add true small caps, you should consider using embedded fonts. But some e-readers don't recognize embedded fonts. A catch 22 problem...

If your headers have small caps, they should be recognized as such but you must give them in the CSS stylesheet not only a font-variant:small-caps but mainly a font-family with small-caps support. The span element is required only for text within a paragraph.

Now that I have been pretty unclear, I let you consider one EPUB like the joint one. It makes use of embedded fonts, small-caps for titles and part of text. Could be an example of what I meant to say.

Bon courage.

I cooked this EPUB with writer2xhtml (short is W2X) and Sigil.
Attached Files
File Type: epub La Chinoise.epub (212.7 KB, 412 views)

Last edited by roger64; 05-25-2011 at 06:01 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote