Thread: Troubleshooting Huge & random delay when taking notes
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I have had this problem occur quite often, and I've read that others have as well. In my case, I have 3G/wireless turned off and there is no indexing taking place when it happens.
From my own observations, it looks as if the *current* open book suddenly starts to re-index just as you hit "enter" on an annotation, and this hangs the k3 just after the save completes. If you wait long enough - about 60 - 120 secs, your k3 will eventually start responding.

I turned off indexing (via the debug option) a couple of months ago, and have made a considerable number of annotations without any repeat of the problem. Debug options do not persist across reboots, so after I have added another batch (shelf?) of books, I reboot to enable the revised collections, then leave overnight to complete the latest indexing run. I then disable indexing again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I have over 500 books on my Kindle. Do you have a lot of books on yours?
Home screen shows 1263 items. Allowing for collections, this represents about 1240 books, the vast majority of which are "legacy" from my old cybook, and generated using mobi-creator. None are drm'd.
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote