View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Searching is quicker on my Kindle 2 than it was on my Kindle 1. Searching within short documents returns almost immediate results. Searching takes longer for long documents, but it's still surprisingly quick. I expect that Kindle 3 will perform the same as or better than Kindle 2.

If your Kindle is chock full of books, searches of all items (done from the Home Screen, not within a specific document) can produce a long delay before displaying results. My daughter and I sometimes play a searching game with our Kindles (We take turns choosing an obscure word, search for it, get points based on how many hits you have in your collection, laugh about the out of context phrases shown in the search results. Yes, we're THAT nerdy). I have twice the content on my Kindle, and my searches take noticeably longer than hers.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote