View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I have seen a few posts recently where people are using ePubs instead of the Kobo format.

I can understand this if you are using other devices.

But, What benefit does using the regular ePub on a Kobo device give you as opposed to using the Kobo format?

Or is it just a personal preference?
For me, it's personal preference. I do get books from elsewhere, but when I buy a book, I buy it from Kobo just because. And then instead of using their kepub, I download the epub and read that. The kepub books show their page numbers per chapter – and where that is useful to be able to know how many pages you have left until the end of the chapter, it really annoys me to have no clue how many pages I have left until the end of the book. Luckily, epub page numbers show as page per total.

So, I stick to epubs until kepubs give me the option to choose between pages per chapter or per book total...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote