View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
When you write your heroes into a corner in the Ultimate Confrontation, there's really only two ways to proceed: either they save themselves through talents already well known, or they must be saved by somebody/something else.
I guess there is at least a third way: Using only a little bit foreshadowed though until the end not really well known talents. Maybe something they had in common as children or something they've seen during their journey but didn't understand until the final confrontation. Additionally such a "talent" doesn't need to be a real "talent". It could be just the self-sacrifice of one of the heroes for example.
The bravery/tenacity of the heroes (or sometimes just their unbelievable agony) makes this often easily comprehensible to the readers. This might be just a little adaption to the first way you mentioned, but i used it already and it seemed to work quite well.

I don't know if Moejoe already meant the same. If so, sorry Moejoe for repeating your thoughts.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote