View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #52
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect Kindle folks would disagree with you. Download books is exactly what they use their net connection for and for most of them that is all they use it for (I am include subscriptions to newspapers as downloading books). I seldom, if ever, need to sync page numbers.
Yes, it is convenient. But the real interesting thing will happen when the readers are always connected in a way that people can develop applications for it. Obvious things are synchronizing what book you are reading with facebook or twitter. You can also collect statistics about you reading habits. I would also love to have images of all fish and birds mentioned on a page automatically being displayed when reading the books since I am so bad at knowing these names in English. And this kind of functionality can be added if you have a net connection so not all processing have to be done on the reader.

Just thinking that a net connection can be used to buy books is a very limited view. Think in terms of social networking instead.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote