View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It doesn't seem a terribly constructive way of doing things to me but, there again, I was watching as an outside observer.
Trust me, Harry: It doesn't make much sense to us, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't know if it made the news in the US, but we had a huge political scandal a couple of years ago called the "Cash for Honours" affair, where all the main political parties here were accused (absolutely rightly) of giving people "honours" (ie being made a Knight or a Lord, etc) in return for a large donation to the political party (I should explain that each party has the traditional right to nominate a certain number of people for "honours" every year, but it's supposed to be for their achievements, not for giving money to the party!).
In the U.K., they get "honours." In the U.S., they get "tax breaks." Then they buy their mansions and live like Lords. Pretty much the same deal.

I watched the debates, got fed up over the candidates' refusal to even abide by their own debating rules (not they were really debating anything), and turned it off.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote