View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I did not notice that option on my KFHD7-32. How, exactly, does that work.

If I tap the magnifying glass, I can only do a search, not a dictionary definition. To get a definition, I must do a long hold on a word in the book.

Plus, there is no Menu button on the Home Screen. A swype down merely reveals a Menu Bar where other functions are allowed by no magnifying glass is there.

On the Paperwhite the magnifying glass used from the Home Screen reveals every use of the word in my eBooks and eDocs but no dictionary is brought up. I have 4 dictionaries resident and use the Bible Encyclopedia as my Primary Dictionary and the New Oxford American as my Secondary.
When inside a book on your PW, touch the magnifying glass. You'll see the words "This Book" to the left of the search box. Touching that gives you the options of "This Book", "My Items", "Kindle Store", "Dictionary", and "Wikipedia". If you touch the magnifying glass from the home page, you get almost all of the same options, except for "This Book"

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote