View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Please explain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
to lookup a word not in the text (or from Home screen) bring up the menu/options and tap the 'magnifying glass' icon. Type in the word. To the left of the search box is a selector to determine the scope of the search. Tap on that to change the default. One of the options is 'Dictionary'.
I did not notice that option on my KFHD7-32. How, exactly, does that work.

If I tap the magnifying glass, I can only do a search, not a dictionary definition. To get a definition, I must do a long hold on a word in the book.

Plus, there is no Menu button on the Home Screen. A swype down merely reveals a Menu Bar where other functions are allowed by no magnifying glass is there.

On the Paperwhite the magnifying glass used from the Home Screen reveals every use of the word in my eBooks and eDocs but no dictionary is brought up. I have 4 dictionaries resident and use the Bible Encyclopedia as my Primary Dictionary and the New Oxford American as my Secondary.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-06-2012 at 03:46 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote