View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Question Any Computer techies in here?

My ancient laptop is on his last legs. Last year I upgraded the HD from 40gb to 320gb, which may have been too much. A few nights ago I had a black screen of death!! Couldn't get onto him at all. A friend reinstalled his old HD and he really is slow now, and nearly full!

So I've taken the leap of buying a new one which comes with Windows 7 and a kind of trial version of Office. The only Office program I really need is Word, but I've read such bad reviews on Amazon of the 2010 version. For example, the dictionary is US, no UK option.

My current version of Word came with Works Suite 2005, and is Word 2002.

Does anyone know if this would be compatible with Windows 7? I'm guessing that it's not.

Apparently Office 2007 is better (I'd get the student and home version) but HUGELY expensive. (I've been looking at Amazon).

Please help if you can.

PS the new lappy is a Lenovo Thinkpad, one of the cheaper models and very ugly but I wanted a matte screen and it seems to have one (I hope that's what anti-glare means). And I think it'll be a good workhorse. Probably won't arrive till after Xmas.

in advance.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote