View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
The Nook and Kindle 3 do most of those. The only exception is that mobi files (kindle) are hard to find in libraries. I know none of our libraries have mobi ebooks, most are in epub which can be used with the Nook.
Also, I think you have to run some scripts to get the library mobi files to work. But, as you say, they're still quite the minority of books. My library has pretty much stopped adding anything but ePub now. I love my Kindle but if the library books were a primary concern for me, I'd get a nook. As it is, my library just doesn't have that large a collection. It's certainly better than when I first bought my Kindle but it's only a couple thousand fiction titles, most of which don't interest me. I strip the DRM off, convert to mobi, and then delete them after I've read them. I'm guessing ncmabten's dad probably won't want to get that involved. I'm pretty sure my dad would glaze over about ten seconds into me explaining the process.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote