View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #117
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
No, the change would never stay. It makes me wonder if something is fried in the ram. When I decided to move to Peru, I decided to leave that unit behind in Arkansas, and took my remaining other two units with me to Peru.

Now, one of those two units has decided to become unresponsive. The entire screen does not respond and is stuck on this one book. I can read the book, moving forward and backward, but pressing anything else doesn't work. When I do press some other area (to change to a different book, for example), it tries to go there and then goes back to the current book. Pressing any of the main control areas (new books, remaining battery life - whatever) doesn't do anything.

(I should add that at any odd given month - twice, now - I picked the unit up and it worked for a few moments, but then became "sticky" again. Strange.)

I even took the unit apart and reseated everything, but it still has this problem. I recharged the unit; still no effect.

So, out of - initially - three working units, I'm now down to one.

My main unit is my Sony 505, but I still get a great deal of pleasure out of these older units.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote