View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by africalass View Post
There's one of my replies from earlier in the moderator queue (due to screenshot attachment I presume) - but it sounds like something that's been fixed.
Oops, I didn't see that it was in moderation. Approved.

Quote:
I can't see where to ask Calibre to download the lastest version. Does it update through a proxy server?
Calibre doesn't update itself. If it detects that there are new versions available, it will tell you so in the status bar, including a clickable link to the download page. If you don't see that status, manually download from the site and install- don't worry, your books will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
IIRC, the vertical bar was the multiple author separator at one time - before the ampersand was adopted. I vaguely recall it was used internally in metadata.db and there were conversions from commas to vertical bars between the human interface and the internals. I can't find my old metadata.db to look, but I can recall problems relating to this issue.
That sounds like it is the explanation here.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote