View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
PRISM appears to be more relevant to magazines than books. It may be useful in encouraging a move to epub instead of relying on custom-built apps, though.

I don't really see the point of ONIX, but then I'm not an accountant. ONIX has certainly added a few new epub-specific tags and looks like it's aiming to get integrated. But a lot of the information it covers it potentially quite sensitive - publishers and distributors aren't going to be entering discount codes and the phone no.s or email addresses of employees into an epub to be read by anyone. ONIX looks like a schema for a back-end stock-management database, I don't see why it should be part of the epub spec.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote