View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The problem with text from Project Gutenberg is that it is split up into lines, and massaging it back into whole paragraph can be tricky.

I'd suggest that you take the HTML instead, and import it directly into Mobipocket Reader or Mobipocket Creator to make a Mobipocket Format eBook. That will work a lot better on the CyBook than an HTML file.

http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwe.../complete.html

seems to be a clean copy.

(NB George Orwell's works are out of copyright in Australia and Canada, but not in the US or most of the rest of the world)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andavane View Post
Greetings:
I've spent about 3 hours trying to get a good presentation of some of George Orwell's essays into a good form to read on my Cybook Gen3:
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwe...9e/part47.html

I downloaded the text from Gutenberg, then pasted it into OpenOffice and saved as html. It read on the reader, but all sentences were "bitty". After fiddling around I feel confused.

I'm sure there are good tools for achieving my ends on this forum, but I probably can't find them for looking.

Looking forward to learning a bit of the know-how, or to having a pointer to the area I should be looking at.

Regards

John
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote