View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 05:51 AM   #1
Peadar Ó Guilín
Author of The Inferior
Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 (soon...)
Short Stories Formatted For Your Reader

Other authors should feel free to join in here...

I have always made some of my previously published short-stories available for free download on my website. But that started before I had an ebook reader of my own... Now that I have been properly introduced to the dark pleasures of electronic reading, I realise that an A4-formatted pdf makes for a disappointing experience.

With that in mind, and with huge gratitude to =X= for his BookCreator tool, I have started formatting everything on my site. I will update this post in a few weeks when all the work has been completed. But for now, we have:

Where Beauty Lies in Wait
First published in Black Gate magazine, this SF/adventure story received some pretty great reviews, although reaction did divide a little down gender lines. While women liked it, men were a little "unsettled" or "creeped out".

This story is now available in a variety of formats on Feedbooks. If I may quote Baldrick, "Get it here."

Hair
Hair was first published in the short-lived but wonderful feralfiction -- one of the earliest e-zines to pay professional rates. This story would fit into the "weird tales" category of fiction: supernatural elements, but not gory.

Formats (so far): Sony -- Kindle/Mobi

The Bag
Yet another "weird tales" type story. It was first published in a horror anthology called Reckless Abandon. It received an honourable mention in The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror 2002.

Twig
This is a second world fantasy story and was my first professional sale. It appeared in a long defunct magazine called "Adventures in Swords and Sorcery".

Fairy Fort
This dark tale got some great reviews when it was originally published in the Roc anthology, A Walk on the Darkside. Fairy Fort is a mixture of 19th century Irish folklore, farming practices and horror.

The Inferior (Sample Chapters)
My first Science Fiction novel has received some brilliant reviews. So far, it has only been published in English and Italian, but Japanese, Russian, French and German versions are also on their way.

Formats (so far): Sony -- Kindle/Mobi -- Epub

Last edited by Peadar Ó Guilín; 09-22-2009 at 10:59 AM.