View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
In my html file, I have the following line:

<span class="underline">action</span> and <span class="underline">decision</span>

But when I open the html file in Sigil, I see this:

<span class="underline&gt;action&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span class=" underline="">decision</span>

As a result, epub validator makes this complaint:

attribute "underline" not allowed here; expected attribute "dir", "id", "style", "title" or "xml:lang"

So, two questions:

1. Why do you suppose Sigil makes such radical changes in the text, accepting some instances of < and > but changing others, and again adding a space and a straight quote which seem to have created invalid epub?

2. Am I correct in thinking that epub validator is complaining about the space and the apparent extra " in the second instance, to wit: " underline="">

There are many instances of span="underline" in the document, but only three errors relating to the word "underline".

Thanks!
In all cases I have seen Tags changed to entities, there has been something malformed in the Tag pair and it got treated as/converted to text.

In this case, I think it is the uppercase-bracketed [B]

You would be best served using the newer way of doing bold, using a selector <p class="bold">... </p>
and in the CSS
.bold { font-weight: bold; }

Last edited by theducks; 09-12-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Ooops! the braket was MR's,strike all
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote