Thread: Battery issues?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If I can engage in a little speculation, without adding too much to what is a confusing
situation, regarding the battery performance/JBL power management response.

First it looks like the JBL, at least with the 0.15 firmware, puts up the low battery
warning when the battery pack drops to 4v. I have no data on the hysteresis that
is being employed by the JBL's power management logic. It may be that the warning
is triggered as soon as the battery voltage dips to 4v.

I have noticed that batteries in general and these rechargeables as well, can recover
some of their charge level, when they are removed from a load. (It may be that the
chemical reaction involved can catch up, once the battery is not being drained and a
little charge get built up. Total speculation.) This shouldn't amount to a whole lot of
additional reading time though. One of the good things about the JBL is that you can
easily replace the batteries, so there is little reason to worry about getting every last
bit of juice out of the batteries.

It also seems that the sets of batteries under test are doing better with use. It looks
to me like you can easily expect 20+ hours of use from the commonly available rechargeable batteries. During that period there is plenty of time for recharging and
thereby having a recharged set ready to go, the moment the 20+ hours are up for the set in use.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote