View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
SciFiGal777
SciFiGal777 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Formerly had Jetbook Lite
Jetbook vs Jetbook Lite vs Aluratek Libre

I'm considering buying an e reader, and I think I've narrowed it down to the three choices above. I'm aware they don't support DRM books yet which is okay, but I might want DRM support for borrowing library books. I'm not sure which of the three is better.

Jetbook - $180 + $6 ish for 2gb sd card. Comes with holiday pack, but I don't really care for the book light. I'd rather have some sort of clip on one than one for my ear. Still trying to decide if I want mp3. How is the sound quality? Is the battery user replaceable? I'd rather not have to send it in if/when the battery fails.

Libre - ~$177 at amazon comes with 2gb sd card which I plan to get anyway. However, I've heard the Jetbook may support some DRM in the future, and I don't know if that's the case for the Libre. Same battery question as above. Also it supports up to 32gb card, where the Jetbook is listed at 2gb card. Will the Jetbook support higher storage later on?

Jetbook Lite - $150 + $6 ish for sd card I'm sure I want to spend 180 when I could spend 150. I feel more comfortable with AA batteries, yet I'm not sure I'd want to take them out to recharge all the time. The Jetbook seems more convenient for charging. Doesn't come with a pouch, no mp3 player support but I'm not sure I want that. Does it support Barnes and Noble books yet?

Thanks
SciFiGal

Last edited by SciFiGal777; 11-23-2009 at 02:46 PM.
SciFiGal777 is offline   Reply With Quote