View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
HarryT is right, I create my PDFs from the raw text (from Project Gutenberg, for example) with pdfLaTeX. This gives me complete control on the final size, look and layout of the PDF, and I still have the posibility to change the text and format if I need/want to. It does not allow "on the fly" reflow or format change, as I have to "recompile" the document everytime, but I like it my way.

Even though I don't use a "PDF printer", it's a bit like that. With paper, one would have the the text in the computer and then print it for reading, with a given font, formatting, etc. With e-paper, instead of printing to paper, I "print" to PDF. Once "printed", I cannot change the PDF, but I can change the source text and "print" it again.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote