View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #271
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumpo View Post
Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Instructions for other idiots like me:

After adding a column or two for goodread shelf info, go into plugin config and edit tag mappings to to your liking. Finally, and this is the part I skipped, you have to set sync actions for each of your shelves.

See, I thought that "tag mappings" took care of that and that sync actions were for some other actions if that you might want to perform when syncing. Phew.
Hi Chumpo, welcome to MobileRead.

Glad you got it working but just to add a minor correction to the above. The tag mappings have no relevance to the "Sync from shelf" menu items. The only thing you need to do for Sync from shelf to work is the second thing you mention, of specifying what action you want to take place when you sync.

The tag mappings are used for the "Download shelves as tags" and "Upload tags as shelves" menu items, which are the "alternate" way of syncing that some users wanted. Download shelves as tags is for people who already have a collection of books on various genre type shelves on Goodreads, and want to use their shelf names as Calibre tags. The Upload tags as shelves feature is for the reverse, where you would like to use the tags you have in Calibre to populate a range of shelves on Goodreads. In both these cases, the tag mappings allow you to cater for differences in naming conventions between the website and names you use in Calibre, plus ensure that only the mapped subset of your tag/shelf names is performed in that operation.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote