View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAcheson View Post
That's odd, though, because the press release also mentioned that it only draws power when you update it, which is definitely not true of LCDs.

Maybe the release was simply garbled. Given their company name, I could easily see this being a flexible LCD.
I thought there was a category of bistable LCDs that don't draw power between changes? The problem is color -- plain old b&w LCD is perfectly readable using external lighting, but color LCDs lose too much reflective light with the various filters, and require back-lighting.

@chef, why couldn't there be a flexible LCD? Perhaps I don't know as much about the technology as you do, but with flexible circuits becoming available, I can't think of anything in particular stopping a manufacturer from creating at least a somewhat flexible LCD.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote