View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung
The thing is, what you call "control" is my idea of user friendliness.
Ironically vice versa its the same:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus Torvalds
Linux is user friendly, its just very picky about who his friends are.
this is just the point, where not only opinions, but far more crash. I'd call it a kind of user generations conflict: the "earlier ones" were used to: "either you learn how to do it or just go away" - that was the prize of using a computer. Just as getting a driver's license is the prize to pay for driving a car. *sigh* unfortunately it's the point of view of a group of users getting percentually smaller as time passes by...

It's just like with these support wheels on a kid's bike or the backside of a wheelchair - as long as you are not a good driver they are supportive - when you passed a certain level of experience they become a hindering nuissance.

Usually I'd just say, when you're happy with em, keep 'em, but for God's sake gimme a wrench to take them off from my device.
and that's the problem with some of these "new and shiny" devices - you can't take this little pestilent addon-wheels off anymore... This is actually the point driving the experienced users up the barricades - not the fact that "user-friendly-acces" to the device exists, but the fact, that the freedom to choose or DIY is taken away.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote