View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #15
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_J_Lath View Post
Speaking as an author published by Smashwords, I've noticed the odd comment concerning the metadata on on the Smashwords .mobi (Kindle) format. There seems to be a small problem with it, though nothing serious - I'm looking into it anyway. As far as I'm aware, there are no problems with the actual formatting of the main contents of the ebook itself
I guess it depends on the person. I just downloaded your book in mobi and opened it in Kindle 4PC. There is no cover, the paragraph indents are barely visible (I'm sure some people don't care), there is no table of contents, and there are no chapter breaks. Also the *** section separators aren't centered, which just looks odd to me. Your title reads as "tmp_4216636d3433ac1853f76634523eee73_HUzJ1F.fixed .tidied" and the author shows as "User".

Now I'm sure plenty of people will download it and be fine with it. For me the first thing I want to do is reformat it myself before reading and for me to do that I have to REALLY want to read it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote