View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Better for a non-profit organization with some international govt oversight to do it. As well-intentioned as Google may be, for example, if someday a new CEO comes in and redefines what is "too evil", and they go over to the Dark Side, we are stuck with an evil organization holding a monopoly over the world's books, and no outside control over them.
I'd rather have the US government do it if there is to be government subsidy at all (which again I do not particularly like or want, but may be inevitable to close the gap between revenue and cost); with all its faults here there are many safeguards that other countries including EU just do not have; and I do not want to enter into the subject of UN, corruption and the like
How many books are banned by the US government (hint: 1st amendment), and how many by the wonderful democracies of Italy (hint: famous woman writer), Germany (no hint necessary), France and so on...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote