View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #268
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Was it Sue Thomas, F.B. Eye? I recall seeing a couple of episodes of that. That one's also on DVD, and available within the US, according to the official website. If Netflix doesn't have them, it seems a pretty good deal as they let you try the 1st season for a discount for $20, then later pick up #2-5 also for a discount if you buy as a bundle direct from them in the States.

Yes Sue Thomas F.B. Eye. Great show. I think I watched all of the shows. Great love interest for Sue.

My local library has Heartland Season 1 & 2.

Hee. You haven't seen some of other shows that CBC produces, which IIRC, can be kind of shocking by US standards because we allow much more swearing and nudity but far less violence on prime-time. But yes, Canadian television can be quite high quality and it's always nice to see people around the world* enjoy our shows, too.

Interesting.... They didn't share those in the US.

For some reason, I really like watching Lou and Ashley's stories, probably because they're the characters who had to grow and change the most. Mind you, I think Soraya and Scott are my actual favourites and I wish they'd get more screen time as supporting cast. And I like it when Amy has to deal with a difficult case and try a new approach. That's always fun to see.

* And some of our best stuff is only out on DVD in the UK and Germany and I have to import my own Canadian viewing from Amazon UK. Whyyyyy?
I was looking at the author of Heartland books on my local library and they had the first book on Google Preview, and I read the first several chapters. It was the same as the first episode, except Ty was actually working for Amy's Mom, he dropped out of school! Totally different on the TV show.

Sorry I don't know how to split quotes so I bolded them.
new is offline   Reply With Quote