View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I own the complete series in hardcover. The problem with the series is that the early books are excellent but about the 10th book, begin to decline with speed. The last book in the series, Arms Commander, is particularly poor, almost seems as if there was a clamor for another Recluce volume and Modesitt slopped something together.

I suspect that part of the problem is that Modesitt has started a new series (Imager) and has been devoting time to it. I like the Imager series (which I also own in hardcover) much more than the later volumes of Recluce.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote