View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #13
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PRS-650, iPhone 4, iPad 4
Opinions vary. I put off reading the Baroque Cycle for years. I didn't like his ancestral-character chain idea in Cryptonomicon (otherwise a great book). However, I was completely sucked in by the Baroque Cycle. The adventures of half-cocked Jack are my favorite whimsical sub-stories and I can still vividly recall all of them, like the run-in with the Hexen leading to rising out of the phosphorescent pool. Still makes me chuckle.

But The Diamond Age is indeed densely layered. I'm thinking I got the same vibe from some of William Gibson's work like Pattern Recognition.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote