View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #42
Fotoman
Groupie
Fotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it isFotoman knows what time it is

Device: iPad 64GB wifi (Sony 505 RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
... you, at the moment.
As others have said, but you don't seem to have bothered to check first, the apps were amongst the top sellers in a very low selling part of the app store, not the entire store.
And I suppose you're going to be sharing the statistics that prove just how low selling that part of the store is with us...in all countries, since accounts are country-specific.

The Elements, Cat in the Hat, Toy Story 2 (and 3) read along, Dr Seus' abcs... I realize most, if not all the popular apps in that section are educational and/or kid's apps and most readers of this forum are adults... Although...never mind...

I'm not as certain as some of you seem to be that 400 accounts worldwide were enough to knock those apps off the top. But I do know that repeating the same assumption 4 times in a thread is not a substitute for facts.

I'll need to see the numbersn before I'll believe that 400 hacks was is enough to affect several countries' iTune stores in the manner they were affected. Until I see that, I prefer the theory that this is just spin for damage control.

There are a lot of iTunes customers with very little computer or technical knowledge and there is a lot of money at stake here that depends on trusting that iTunes is safe and that this was a tiny aberration.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote