View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Solitaire1
Off-Kilter Scientist
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookHD+ & Kobo Touch eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
These poor folks seem to be confusing "standard" with "technology". Everyone knows that PDF is an abysmally poor technology. The only reason we use it is because everyone else does.
Although this might be slightly off-topic although related, I was wondering what is wrong with PDF as a releasing format and as a technology? To me, it seems like it does well what it was designed to do, mainly ensuring that a document appears exactly as the creator intended.

Based on what I've read in these forums, it seems like PDF's main problem for most people is that it isn't flexible. An ebook is that is fine at the intended display size (such as on paper or on a computer screen), is rarely as good at any other size (such as on ebook reader screens).
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote