Thread: PRS-600 prs-600 notes to printing
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #80
MuppetsReadBooks
MuppetsReadBooks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Hi there,

I guess what Sony is asking us to do is download books illegally or from somewhere else. Crazy, because all of the books I downloaded from google, I can transfer fully highlighted paragraphs, but anything I purchased from their store, 100 character max. And despite having talked to at least 4 different support people NOT ONE of them appeared to know this max, or they ddin't want to share it with me. One actually suggested that I take 100 character notes and then merge them together!!!! He said there was a limit, but he didn't know to what. He was able to recreate the issue on his own unit, using a copy of The Importance of Being Ernest, which I also have (dl'd from Google books, rather than pre-installed on the unit as he had it) and where he had the 100 character issue, mine was fine.

What a waste of money!
I searched the help section of the most recent reader library software (not something they advertise when you're researching what unit to buy) and found this:

You can export notes (bookmarks, highlights, and markups) and save as a file. You can then view or print the file, or attach it to e-mail.

Click (Notes) on the bottom of the Book page view.
The notes list appears. By default, all the notes are selected with check marks.

To export all notes, click (Export to file) above the notes list. To export only selected notes, uncheck the unnecessary notes, and click (Export to file).
The dialog box to specify the exporting location appears.

Specify the desired location in your computer and file name.
Selected notes in the notes list are exported and saved as a file in the specified location.

Note
The maximum number of characters you can export with a note is limited.
Bookmark: 100 characters from the headline
Highlight: 2,000 characters for non-DRM content, 100 characters for DRM protected content
Comment: 2,000 characters

You can export notes (bookmarks, highlights, and markups) and save as a file. You can then view or print the file, or attach it to e-mail.

Click (Notes) on the bottom of the Book page view.
The notes list appears. By default, all the notes are selected with check marks.

To export all notes, click (Export to file) above the notes list. To export only selected notes, uncheck the unnecessary notes, and click (Export to file).
The dialog box to specify the exporting location appears.

Specify the desired location in your computer and file name.
Selected notes in the notes list are exported and saved as a file in the specified location.

Note
The maximum number of characters you can export with a note is limited.
Bookmark: 100 characters from the headline
Highlight: 2,000 characters for non-DRM content, 100 characters for DRM protected content
Comment: 2,000 characters
MuppetsReadBooks is offline   Reply With Quote