View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
I'm kind of surprised that nobody appears to have asked this before -- my search in the forums came up empty.
It's been asked before, but not often. It would be hard to find by searching.
Quote:
With PDF in particular, I think it is not uncommon that it would be desirable to have multiple instances managed with a single book entry (e.g., an original PDF and one post-processed for small-screen devices). However, due to the way Calibre automatically replaces existing files of a given format when a new one in the same format is added, I'm left wishing for something which does not appear to be possible.

Is there a way to keep multiple files of the same format with a single book entry? If not by design, is there a workaround other than adding differently-named files manually to the book's directory?
I'm not sure why you want a single book record. I copy the first book and all its formats/metadata (make a blank book and use the merge-keep others option), then replace the pdf in the new book record and mark that book with a tag or title change. Alternatively, just drag the new pdf over to the main GUI screen, wait for it to ask if you want to keep duplicates, say yes, then merge the metadata/formats from the first book record (with the keep option)

If you really need it in the same book entry, add a zip or rar file with all of your pdfs inside.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote