View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
I'm sorry to hear it, man. I bricked mine within the first three days of ownership trying to update the firmware using XPSP1 (only thing I had an install disc for...collecting dust in the bottom of a drawer somewhere) under QEMU. It's true what they say: it's like playing russsian roulette. The host system and the virtual system share the USB connection and if the host system goes "you still there?" to the reader while the firmware is updating, the whole thing gets screwed up and you're left with an expensive doorstop.

Sony is notorious for poor, slow, and expensive repair and replacement. I've gone through shortwave radios with them in the past and had no joy. I hope your experience is better.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote